Thursday 21 November 2013

Practice Unit: Week 6

This week I have done mainly digital work, using Photoshop and Illustrator, after some more drawing and mark making.

Below, I have drawn the pattern on a carousel horse's body:


It's a decorative, elaborate pattern which is very common amongst carousels and fairgrounds, which I feel I need to be focusing on more, to give an over all "cluttered" and realistic carousel design.
I took this drawing to photoshop to play with, and came up with a couple of (very early) prints:


I like how they have turned out aesthetically and they are quite interesting and quite literal, however I think they need a lot more work, especially with colour, which is why I went back to my original inspiration and designed some candy strip designs:



I got the colours from scenes of Mary Poppins, in which Dick Van Dyke wears a candy stripe suit, and other photographs I have from carousels.
In the tutorial last week, I was inspired by a peer to create GIF images. I think they are a great branding tool, for use on a website and online, so I found an online tutorial and learnt how to create a GIF image:
You can see the image in all it's glory here:
It's not a GIF I would use professionally, however it was a great learning experience- very quick and simple to do. On the topic of branding, I understand I will soon have to do some work on this. 

My context and outcome for this project is a branded luxury fashion company proposal for girl's aged 2-12. A capsule collection for S/S 2014 plus a high street collection, affordable alternative for stores such as Debenhams or Next (e.g Baker, Ted Baker at Debenhams). Branding proposal to include: Name, logo, website design, swing tags, neck tags, packaging, networking and feedback. 

New learning agreement + Baker by Ted Baker childrens wear examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment